Due to business expansion, we are seeking two efficient administrators to support our Production departments at our food manufacturing site in Bodmin, Cornwall. Our last two administrators both made the move into the Human Resources team so this role could be suitable for someone who is interested in aspects of HR. As a Production Administrator, you'll play a crucial role in keeping our operations running smoothly, working closely with the production managers and the HR team.
We have two roles available working either the day shift, 07:30-16:30 M-Friday or we have a PM/Night Shift role working approximately 16:00-00:30, this role can offer the flexibility of longer hours and 4 days a week if wanted.
Both are permanent, full-time roles with 2 x 30 minutes breaks. Starting salary is £13.50 per hour with an enhanced rate of £16.88 per hour between 20:00 and 06:00 and for hours over 37.5 per week.
- Take minutes in a variety of meetings
- Create, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Administer the Time and Attendance system for Payroll
- Assist with new joiner administration duties
- Produce daily reports on manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage administration for Agency temps, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and lockers, etc
This list is not exhaustive.
Please note that this role will be based in our production area which means that full PPE will need to be worn most of the time. This means wearing a white coat, shoes, hair net, beard snood (if applicable) and earplugs with no piercings, painted or false nails, jewellery (apart from a plain wedding band), with no excessive makeup or heavy fragrance.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible, and the interview process will include tests to assess Word, Excel, touch-typing and minute-taking skills.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in a Food Production environment is highly desirable
- Previous administration experience is essential
- IT literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, Outlook, Teams) and touch-typing skills
- HR experience would be advantageous
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills needed due to competing demands from stakeholders
- Ability to take fast and accurate minutes
- Positive, resilient, and approachable with a professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Trustworthy with a commitment to confidentiality
- Friendly, Honest, Customer First, Passionate, Quality Driven
After your probationary period, you'll not only be a valued member of our team but will also have earned a H&S Level 2 certificate, enhancing your personal skill set and qualifications.
At our company, we are committed to your growth and development. We offer a comprehensive training and development program and have a strong track record of promoting talent from within the business. Your career progression really matters to us.
Our Company Values of 'Customer First', 'Honesty', 'Quality', 'Friendliness', and 'Passion' are at the core of everything we do. With 260 dedicated colleagues, we take immense pride in making the world a better place every day by filling it with delicious pasties and savoury pastry delights.
But that's not all! In addition to working alongside an amazing team of individuals, you will also be part of a company that has achieved a Gold Health and Wellbeing Award. Your well-being is essential to us, and we are dedicated to supporting a healthy and happy workforce.
Join our team and be part of an exciting journey in a friendly and rapidly growing company! Apply now and unlock your potential with us.
Please visit our careers page for information on what it's like at Proper Cornish but here are a few of our Proper Perks to whet your appetite!
- Free pasties and other pastries every day
- Free fruit and drinks every day
- Subsidised canteen
- Monthly colleague treats
- Quarterly Staff BBQs
- Bake sales / competitions
- Christmas goodies and celebrations
- Free use of spa and golf facilities in St Austell
- Subsidised massages
- Mental health First Aiders
- Company funded Health Cash Plan
- Death in Service Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (24 / 7 free and confidential helpline)
- Employment anniversary cash awards
- £500 colleague referral bonuses
- Huge discounts on boxes of pasties, pastries, cakes and tarts!
- Local business discounts
- Cycle Scheme / loan bikes
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Great Company Communication (Monthly Newsletter, Suggestion Boxes, Colleague Comms Team etc)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job security with a growing business