Proper Cornish, a renowned manufacturer and supplier of award-winning pasties and other savoury pastry products, is seeking an experienced and motivated Catering Manager to lead our staff canteen team. This is a new role for the business and a fantastic opportunity to ensure that our staff canteen is not just an onsite facility, but a valued employee benefit, offering a positive experience for our hard-working colleagues in our 24/6 manufacturing facility in Bodmin, Cornwall.
This role would have normal working hours of 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday but we would need you to cover the working hours of the canteen chefs and the team leader if they are absent, so 6:00 - 14:30 (Mon - Fri) or 14:00 – 22:30 (Mon - Fri) or 22:00 – 06:30 (Sun -Thurs). This role offers a starting rate of £15.00 an hour with an enhanced rate of £18.75 for hours over 37.5 hours per week or between 8pm and 6am.
Strong Leadership and Direction to ensure the delivery of quality food and service to all employees and visitors. Foster a positive and collaborative team environment that promotes excellence in customer service.
Managing the Health and Safety for the canteen, ensuring a safe working environment. Maintain excellent food safety standards.
Create and adapt menus with your chefs, to include healthy options, catering for various dietary preferences, including vegan and vegetarian diets. Keep the menu offering fresh, exciting, and relevant to meet the diverse tastes of our employees.
Cost Management ensuring food waste and material costs are in alignment with product costings and budgets. Conduct regular stock control assessments and efficiently handle material ordering.
Reporting and Analysis, utilising till functions to generate weekly and monthly management and KPI reports. Analyse data to identify trends, opportunities for improvement, and areas for cost optimisation.
Effective Team Management in terms of team absence, development, and performance. Implement training programs to enhance the skills of the canteen chefs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in food and beverage management or commercial catering background
- Proven experience as a Catering Manager or in a similar role
- Ability to be innovative and influential in creating change for the Staff canteen
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations and food safety standards
- Flexibility in working hours
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Microsoft packages to analyse data and generate reports and IT savvy for innovative improvements in the canteen offerings
- Knowledge of menu planning and development, batch cooking and efficiency planning etc
- Friendly, Honest, Customer First, Passionate, Quality Driven.
If you are passionate about creating a positive dining experience, managing a newly created team, and contributing to the well-being of our colleagues, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Proper Cornish is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.