Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Salary: £42,000 per annum
Hours: Rotating Early/Late Shift
Due to expansion plans we are looking to add another Shift Maintenance Engineer to our business. If you are a proactive Electrical / Mechanical professional seeking your next challenge, this is a superb opportunity to help a great company continue their mission of making thousands of tasty pastry treats every day.
Please note, the proposed shift for this role is Wk1 = Monday to Friday 05:30 – 14:00 then Wk2 = Monday to Friday 13:30 – 22:00.
As a Shift Maintenance Engineer, you’ll be tasked with servicing the buildings and machinery of our food production facility. In this integral role, you’ll be helping to ensure the smooth running of our facility. Swiftly responding to downtime incidents, you’ll efficiently diagnose and repair faults on a variety of equipment such as;
- Veg peeling and cutting equipment
- Meat prep and processing
- Pastry mixing and sheeting
- Filling depositors
- Spiral freezers and refrigeration
- Robotic packing, case erecting and automatic label application
We are looking for someone with an Electrical bias, who has experience with fault finding PLC systems, motor control systems including Inverters and servo.
You’ll accurately complete records detailing your heroic acts, as well as showing that all maintenance, health and safety and food hygiene standards have been met.
Your other duties will involve:
- Undertaking training to familiarise yourself with our machines, equipment and processes
- Contributing to continuous improvement processes
- Adhering to the spare parts system to maximise production outputs within set budgets
- Ensuring that all allocated tasks have been completed
To be considered for this diverse role, you must have:
- Previous electrical mechanical experience
- Minimum Qualifications required, Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering or, Level 3 BTEC Engineering or equivalent – Transferrable skills will be considered
- Previous manufacturing experience is essential. Previous FMCG experience is advantageous, as well as previous knowledge of CMMS, as all jobs and parts are controlled in this way.
Friendly and customer-focused, as a Shift Maintenance Engineer, you must have a hands-on approach and excellent problem-solving skills. The ability to thrive under pressure is also key.
So, if you are a team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a great sense of humour, and you want to be part of this exciting, friendly and rapidly growing Company please hit apply, or call 01208 265830 for more information.
Please visit our careers page for information on what it's like at Proper Cornish but here are a few of our Proper Perks to whet your appetite!
- Free pasties and other pastries every day
- Free fruit and drinks every day
- Subsidised canteen
- Monthly colleague treats
- Quarterly Staff BBQ's
- Bake sales / competitions
- Christmas goodies and celebrations
- Free use of spa and golf facilities in St Austell
- Subsidised massages
- Mental health First Aiders
- Company funded Health Cash Plan
- Death in Service Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (24 / 7 free and confidential helpline)
- Employment anniversary cash awards
- £500 colleague referral bonuses
- Huge discounts on boxes of pasties, pastries, cakes and tarts!
- Local business discounts
- Cycle Scheme / loan bikes
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Great Company Communication (Monthly Newsletter, Suggestion Boxes, Colleague Comms Team etc)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job security with a growing business