Join our pasty crimping teams as a Team Leader!
You will be responsible for supervising, motivating, and developing your small team to meet production targets, quality standards, and delivery schedules. This is a hands on role which means you will also be crimping! Full training is provided, no need to have ever crimped before!
- To mentor, and motivate team members, fostering a culture of harmony and positivity within the team
- To assign duties and co-ordinate activities of colleagues engaged in the production process to meet the needs of the production schedule.
- To lead and motivate the team to meet planned KPIs of efficiency, cost, quality and performance.
- To ensure complete implementation and compliance to prescribed quality management systems and best practice processes.
- To establish individual accountability using coaching, support and the review process.
- To define team goals, assess team performance and recognise performance that achieves or fails to achieve business results.
- To ensure the team is adequately equipped with the necessary tools (systems, up to date processes, training equipment) to effectively perform in their roles.
- To ensure equipment is set up appropriately.
- To communicate with other managers, team leaders and team members to determine progress of work.
- To compile reports concerning progress of work as required.
- To actively utilise systems and processes to support the team activities (e.g. mitrefinch)
- To lead by example in promoting a culture of safety, quality, positivity and teamwork.
- Previous experience in a Team Leader role within a food manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of food safety and quality standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse team.
- Problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to challenges.
- Knowledge of production processes and equipment.
- Flexibility to work various shifts as needed.
- Demonstrates behaviours that support the Company values – Quality, Passion, Customer First, Honest, Friendly
What We Offer:
- £13.50 per hour base rate, enhanced rate of £16.87 per hour for unsociable hours and overtime. All the Proper Perks*!
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- On-the-job training and development opportunities.
- A chance to be part of a passionate team dedicated to producing high-quality food products.
*For those starting before January 2024, initial rates of pay will be £12.15 per hour base rate and £15.18 enhanced rate.
We offer a diverse array of shift patterns to accommodate our exciting expansion plans. All shifts over 7 hours in length offer an hour's break throughout the day, and, we pay what we advertise - no reduced rates for under-25s, no bait-and-switch, no funny business! Just a proper job with a proper paycheck!
Even better bits!
After your probationary period, you'll not only be a valued member of our team but will also have earned a Food Safety Level 2 certificate and H&S Level 2 certificate, enhancing your personal skill set and qualifications.
At our company, we are committed to your growth and development. We offer a comprehensive training and development program and have a strong track record of promoting talent from within the business. Your career progression really matters to us.
Our Company Values of 'Customer First', 'Honesty', 'Quality', 'Friendliness', and 'Passion' are at the core of everything we do. With 220 dedicated colleagues, we take immense pride in making the world a better place every day by filling it with delicious pasties and savoury pastry delights.
But that's not all! In addition to working alongside an amazing team of individuals, you will also be part of a company that has achieved a Gold Health and Wellbeing Award. Your well-being is essential to us, and we are dedicated to supporting a healthy and happy workforce.
If you are a team player with a positive 'can do' attitude and you want to be part of our friendly and rapidly growing company, we encourage you to apply here or call 01208 265830 for more information. Join us on this exciting journey and be a part of a team that's passionate about pastries and dedicated to your success.
Proper Cornish is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees.
Please visit our careers page for information on what it's like at Proper Cornish but here are a few of our Proper Perks to whet your appetite!
- Free pasties and other pastries every day
- Free fruit and drinks every day
- Subsidised canteen
- Monthly colleague treats
- Quarterly Staff BBQ's
- Bake sales / competitions
- Christmas goodies and celebrations
- Free use of spa and golf facilities in St Austell
- Subsidised massages
- Mental health First Aiders
- Company funded Health Cash Plan
- Death in Service Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (24 / 7 free and confidential helpline)
- Employment anniversary cash awards
- £500 colleague referral bonuses
- Huge discounts on boxes of pasties, pastries, cakes and tarts!
- Local business discounts
- Cycle Scheme / loan bikes
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Great Company Communication (Monthly Newsletter, Suggestion Boxes, Colleague Comms Team etc)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job security with a growing business